Company: Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Full-Time Director of Faith Formation:6th - 12th Grades Job
The mission of this position is to produce Disciples of Jesus
Christ, through creating a catechetical program and environment
where young people can encounter the Lord, and also learn more
about the faith, and be supported by their peers and adult leaders.
This position is self-lead and relies on self-management,
initiative, organization and a love for God and His young people.
The director is the primary employee responsible for leading and
organizing this ministry and must be capable of envisioning the
ministry goals, and then taking the appropriate steps to achieve
those goals. This position requires monitoring, scheduling, and
evaluating multiple aspects of the faith formation program. The
director will need to be self-motivated and comfortable working
with little supervision. The director is responsible for the
religious education of 6 th - 11 th grade students, as well as
incorporating elements which are often considered more "youth
ministry" efforts, such as retreat promotion and involvement,
evangelization events, and relational ministry. In addition to the
actual ministering to young people, the position includes
administrative duties and planning responsibilities, as well as
managing the various elements of a typical Wednesday night - meal,
materials, announcements, lesson content, relational ministry and
appropriate clean up. The director will need to be a skilled
communicator and constantly looking for ways to improve
communication between students, discipleship leaders, parents and
volunteers. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support, maintain, and further develop established ministry
format (discipleship small group model).
- Collaborate with the pastors and staff in implementing a vision
for evangelization and faith formation.
- Cooperate with Elementary Faith Formation Director as on site
leader for Middle School Program.
- Recruit, train, motivate and direct faith formation volunteers.
Youth to Adult ratio of 8:1 with the goal of achieving continuation
of discipleship across grades. With six parishes represented, it
will be important to form Discipleship Leaders from all parishes.
This includes 12th graders to help with the middle school
- Establish firm and committed discipleship relationships with
adult Discipleship Leaders and youth.
- Lead team meetings of DL's to develop faith formation and
evangelization objectives, strategies, goals and events.
- Seek ways to enhance and add depth to the catechesis offered.
- Prepare students for the Sacrament of Confirmation, overseeing
participation, catechesis, and sacramental prep.
- Develop programming that is appropriate for age, maturity and
level of cognitive development.
- Promote active parishioner engagement in parish life and research
and implement ways to motivate inactive youth.
- Maintain a level of knowledge and skills required for this
ministry through reading, research, and participation in pertinent
workshops, classes, and conventions.
- Continuously broaden and deepen personal knowledge of the
- Organize fundraising opportunities for students and manage
- Maintain up-to-date email list, registration, Sacramental
Preparation information, any other faith formation paperwork for
grades 6-11, and regular contact with parents.
- Willing to collaborate and assist in Diocesan events and youth
- Attend monthly diocesan youth ministry and DRE meetings.
- Encourage and promote participation in retreats, camps and
mission trips organized at the diocesan level.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Job Qualifications To perform
this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. -
College Degree, ideally in Theology, Catholic studies, but not
strictly required if sufficiently knowledgeable in the Catholic
faith expressed in the Catechism.- Experience working in a Catholic
environment in Faith Formation and Evangelization.- Familiar with
the New Evangelization and various models for parish ministry and
evangelization.- Must possess exceptional interpersonal,
communication, verbal, and written language skills.- An active,
Confirmed, practicing Roman Catholic.- The ability to work
effectively and collaboratively with members of the pastoral and
administrative staff, parishioners, volunteers and community
leaders.- Flexibility with respect to working evenings and
weekends.- Computer skills including competence in Microsoft Office
software and social media.- Passionate about young people and
parish ministry.- Self-management abilities and motivation.-
Energy, commitment, flexibility and creativity.- Proficient in
organizing and teaching, with exceptional leadership and
communication skills.- Must be able to maintain confidentiality at
all times.- Successfully pass a criminal background check.
Organizational Name : Cathedral of Our Lady of the Rosary Position
Contact Phone : 2187283646 Benefits : Included Experience :
Preferred Setting : Urban Number of Parish Households :
Keywords: Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis, Duluth , director, Executive , Duluth, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!