Assistant Property Manager
Company: CommonBond Communities
Posted on: November 14, 2020
Home is the foundation for everything in life. Since 1971, our
model has been about supporting residents in finding stability and
achieving their goals. It's why we're more than housing—we combine
quality affordable homes with our on-site Advantage
Services—because we believe that with the right support and
opportunities, all people can thrive. Today, over 13,000
people—families, seniors, veterans, and people with disabilities
and other barriers—call a CommonBond community "home." Our core
values are Respect, Integrity, Partnership, Innovation, and
Excellence. We live these values and look for people who embody
them to represent our organization in the community. If this sounds
like you, please consider joining our team.
CommonBond invites qualified applicants to apply for a full-time
Assistant Property Manager position at our Center City Windwood
Apartments property in Duluth, MN. The primary responsibility of
the Assistant Property Manager is to assist the property manager
with the daily operations of the community by coordinating the
marketing, rental, and occupancy along with a strong focus on
customer service and community relations. In addition, this
position requires daily administrative duties with respect to both
the management office and the apartment community.
Why CommonBond Communities?:
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
- Employee recognition and rewards program
- Employee referral program
- A respectful and growth-oriented workplace
- Ongoing training and professional development
- A chance to make a difference in the community!
- Prepares all resident files to include all preparatory
- Sets up appointments for lease signings and follows through
with all appropriate paperwork.
- Prepares all move-out material for the property manager.
- Prepares copies of all materials to be sent for government
compliance. Maintains compliance reporting information monthly.
- Prepares completed move-in packets and maintains a supply of
all pertinent materials.
- Enters marketing information, installs residents, enters vacate
notices, prints reports on YARDI computer program.
- Assists with subsidy administration in accordance with HUD
rules and regulations.
- Collects rent payments and makes bank deposits on a daily
- Assists the property manager in making purchases in accordance
with budget specifications and guidelines.
- Tracks budget variances and bring those variances to the
attention of the property manager.
- Sends notices and makes phone calls for any late rent.
- Makes appointments, shows apartments, takes and verifies
applications to completion.
- Shops comparable projects in the market place monthly.
- Answers incoming calls.
- Greets all visitors. Updates all applicable referral
- Follows up on all prospective residents in a timely manner.
- Keeps resident files up-to-date.
- Prepares market survey reports monthly.
- Fills out maintenance service requests and makes
- Takes reservations for community facilities and keeps staff
abreast of specific setups.
Informs management of common areas in need of cleaning and
Inspects daily curb-appeal to include the pristine condition of
model apartment and suite.
Informs residents of items in the management office belonging to
Aids in keeping management office and lobby area neat and clean at
Keeps resident listings up-to-date.
Handles resident complaints in a timely and professionally.
Coordinates resident functions.
Acts as a property manager in the property manager's absence.
Assists with move-in / move-out procedures, including unit
inspections, security deposit processing and unit preparations.
Works closely with resident services staff to meet resident service
needs individually and as a group.
Updates turn over information on a daily basis.
Works on the first and last day of each month.
Prepares move-out letters and instructions.
Manages lease renewal program & resident programs.
Works overtime as needed.
Knowledge of government housing
subsidy programs. One year leasing or property management
experience preferred. Office hours may vary due to the specific
needs of the property as determined by the property manager or
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Excellent verbal, written, and
interpersonal communication skills. Exceptional sales skills. Basic
word processing and spreadsheet knowledge. (Microsoft, Excel)
Demonstrates a clear understanding and consistent use of YARDI
software. Typing skills. Detail-oriented and accuracy with numbers.
Self-motivated. Proficient office skills including organizational
abilities. Exemplary time management skills. Knowledge of fair
housing and applicable compliance regulations. Willingness to
learn. Willingness to assist above and beyond as part of "the
team." Ability to multi-task and work effectively managing multiple
projects or tasks.
Post-secondary coursework in property
management, business, real estate, or equivalent experience
preferred. Post high school education preferred.
Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Reaching above and below the shoulders. Ability to sit and stand
for extended periods of time. Ability to file for extended periods
of time. Ability to open and close file drawers. Ability to
withstand external weather conditions.
Smoke-free environment. Moderate
Keywords: CommonBond Communities, Duluth , Assistant Property Manager, Executive , Duluth, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!