Billing Support Specialist I/II
Posted on: November 27, 2019
Billing Support Specialist I/IILocationDuluth, MNPosting
DestinationInternal / External - Non UnionApplication Close
- Under general supervision, performs standard billing and
maintenance transactions in CIS, metering, and other related
systems to ensure accurate customer billing.
- Provides support to ensure operational standards and regulatory
requirements are met, data interfaces are effective and data
integrity is maintained.
- Processes anomaly and other recurring system reports as part of
the meter to cash billing and related processes.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of documentation for
department procedures; CIS, metering, or other customer system
reports, processes and related information.
- May assist project teams in testing modifications and
enhancements to CIS, metering, or related systems.
- Provides customer support services via phone, email and other
channels to meet customer experience operational requirements; and
support system users or operations staff.
- Requires general understanding of billing and related
accounting processes, and strict confidentiality to assure
customers right to privacy.
- This position will also coordinate closely with administration
and field staff in the execution of duties.
- Follows system specifications and maintains interfaces in the
system as well as appropriate documentation.
- Requires excellent communication skills to establish and
maintain positive working relationships. REQUIRED EDUCATION:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, AND two years of additional
related experience than what is required in the experience
- Associates Degree, preferably with a related focus, AND one
year of additional related experience than what is required in the
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in a related fieldREQUIRED
EXPERIENCE:Billing Support Specialist I
- No experience required
- Experience in utility billing or metering systems is
- Demonstrated experience in an accounting, billing or other
comparable role where accuracy is critical preferredBilling Support
- Three years of directly related utility experience with
demonstrated proficiency in utility billing or metering systems
with a solid understanding of internal controls and demonstrated
experience in an accounting, billing or other comparable role where
accuracy is critical. SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- This position may be subject to assessment of skills, job match
and/or aptitude.Employer will not sponsor Visas for
position.External applicants must apply online via
www.allete.com/careers. ALLETE is an Equal Opportunity /
Affirmative Action employer. Employment selection and related
decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion,
national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status,
disability, age, marital status, membership or activity in a local
human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or
any other protected class.If you are an individual with
disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty
using our website to apply for employment, please contact our Human
Resources department at 218-723-7553.EEO/AA/F/M/Vet/Disabled
Keywords: Allete, Duluth , Billing Support Specialist I/II, Accounting, Auditing , Duluth, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!