Fin Pro 2-Fin Gnrlst
Company: University of Minnesota
Posted on: March 10, 2023
Apply for JobJob ID351141
Employee ClassCivil Service
Add to Favorite JobsEmail this JobAbout the Job
***THIS IS A CIVIL SERVICE UNIT POSITION***About the Job:
This is the second level within the Finance Job Family and is responsible for providing support and expertise in a specific area(s) of finance. Duties generally involve comparisons, verifications, reconciliations and compilations. Incumbents know the end product needed and where to send and receive information and materials to fulfill responsibilities. Work is performed under moderate supervision. Work is guided by general procedures and professional norms, with periodic checks on accuracy, quality and timeliness of outcomes. Must find solutions to modestly technical or operational problems. Once problem is identified, solutions generally can be determined using conventional or standard procedures.
75% - Reporting and Financial Management for U of MN Duluth (UMD) Operations
* Provide monthly accrual based financial reports for Auxiliary Services management team, including balance summaries, profit & loss statements, depreciation schedules, cost of goods sold summaries, inventory analyses, and others as requested. Units to include Auxiliary Administration, Dining Services, Housing & Resident Life, and Transportation & Parking Services
* Process sales tax payments to State of MN and hospitality taxes to the City of Duluth
* Process monthly distribution of revenues and cost of goods sold as necessary
* Provide approval authority for Auxiliary units
* Campus coordination of Campus Cash (campus cashless card currency), Dining Dollar, and Block Meal programs
* Collaboration with other Office of Budget and Analysis (OBA) team members in providing support for other large non-academic units (Intercollegiate Athletics, Facilities Management) and assisting OBA staff in academic analyses
* Develop and prepare unit budgets as required in People Soft Enterprise Financial System and assist in the processing of the annual campus budget
* Process journal entries as necessary to properly account for funds. Also accounts receivable invoice requests as needed
* Ensure completion of all fiscal year end activities necessary in accordance with University guidelines - including year-end inventory reporting and journal entries
* Serve as resource for departments in relation to University financial policies, procedures and compliance
* Complete required documentation and entry to ensure timely distribution of department's scholarship recipients
* Deposit miscellaneous income
* Support utility billing and rate development
25% - Campus-wide Reporting and Analysis
* Assist Budget Director in preparation of campus level financial information for internal and external use
* Provide financial reporting and assistance to other campus units as requested
* Participate in campus level budget process
* Assist Budget Director with ad hoc reporting as requested by University Budget Office, Cluster Director, VCFO Office, Twin Cities' Controller's Office, Twin Cities' Real Estate Office
* Assist Budget Director with financial reporting requests from campus governance
Incumbents in this classification may have the authority to perform or to effectively recommend the following actions: hire, transfer, suspend, promote, discharge, assign work, reward, discipline, direct the work of other employees, and adjust grievances. Incumbents in this classification who do not have formal supervisory authority may be assigned these responsibilities: mentor/coach or provide guidance; lead project teams, committees and/or other collaborative efforts; interview applicants; assign, schedule, direct work, and/or evaluate the work of colleagues and/or co-workers. Incumbents may have authority to supervise student employees. This is a 1.0 FTE, 12-month, on-campus Civil Service Unit position with some flex work arrangements available. Salary is dependent on experience and qualifications, and the range begins at $26.44/hour ($55,000 annually).
* BA/BS with at least 2 years of professional accounting work experience or a combination of related education and work experience to equal 6 years.
Working at the UniversityAt the University of Minnesota, you'll find a flexible work environment and supportive colleagues who are interested in lifelong learning. We prioritize work-life balance, allowing you to invest in the future of your career and in your life outside of work.The University also offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will be given the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume.Additional documents may be attached after application by accessing your "My Job Applications" page and uploading documents in the "My Cover Letters and Attachments" section.To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).Job open date: 9/21/2022Job closing date: Review of applications will begin on 9/30/2022, the position will remain open until filled.If you have started receiving retirement annuity payments from the Minnesota State Retirement System (MSRS) or Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) your eligibility for this position may be impacted. Please contact OHR Benefits at 1-800-756-2363 for more information. The University of Minnesota is an Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. Veterans and individuals from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.***Smoking and chewing tobacco and the use of electronic cigarettes is prohibited on all UMD property, including indoor facilities, campus grounds and University vehicles.***
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
Please note: All employees at the University of Minnesota are required to comply with the University's Administrative Policy: COVID-19 Vaccination and Safety Protocol by either providing proof of being fully vaccinated on their first day of employment, or complete a request for an exemption for medical exemption or religious reasons. To learn more please visit: https://safe-campus.umn.edu/return-campus/get-the-vax
About the U of M
University of Minnesota, Duluth (UMD)The University of Minnesota, Duluth (UMD) consistently ranks among the top Midwestern, regional universities in U.S. News and World Report's "America's Best Colleges" issue.Overlooking Lake Superior, UMD provides an alternative to both large research and small liberal arts environments and attracts students looking for a personalized learning experience on a medium-sized campus of a major university. A firm liberal arts foundation anchors a variety of traditional degree programs, as well as professional and graduate students that draw on UMD's many research institutes and labs.
Apply for JobJob ID351141
Keywords: University of Minnesota, Duluth , Fin Pro 2-Fin Gnrlst, Accounting, Auditing , Duluth, Minnesota
here to apply!